We operate one of the few laboratories in Sarawak that specializes in analytical services on agriculture-related materials. We regularly perform analysis on fertilizer, foliar, soil, water, peatgro and fish meal samples for their inorganic nutrient content.
Our services extend mainly to the oil palm plantation industry, which includes plantation companies, fertilizer suppliers and small holders.
Our team of chemists are trained to maintain precise and reliable results to complement management decision making or product quality control. For quality assurance, our laboratory is accredited under Skim Akreditasi Makmal Malaysia (SAMM), which meets the requirements of MS ISO/IEC 17025:2005, an industrial benchmark for testing and calibration competency of analytical laboratories.
The aims of foliar analysis are:
1) To diagnose possible nutritional factors for poor quality or rate of plant growth.
2) To assess post-fertilization uptake of applied nutrients and foliar nutrient balance.
3) To prescribe fertilizer formulations to correct inferred nutrient deficiencies and stimulate tree growth.
4) To identify planting stands that will likely respond positively to nutrient additions.
The aims of soil analysis are:
1) To determine fertilizer requirements based on the level of availability of nutrients.
2) To evaluate the status of each nutrient element and simultaneously formulate the nutrient management plan.
3) To provide the basis for calculating the required dosage of fertilizer for the crop.
4) To predict the increase in yields and profitability of fertilizer applications (poor soil conditions may hamper manuring efforts).
Our Commitment to Precision
● Internal Quality Control (in-house secondary and standard reference materials)
● Participation in local and international proficiency testing and verification program
● Replicate testing using a similar methods
● Retesting of retained parameters
● Correlation of results for different characteristic of each parameter
● Use of Quality Control Charts
Currently, this lab serves to the oil palm plantation companies and agricultural inputs trading companies such as TH Plantations Berhad, Wilmar Plantation Group, CCM Agriculture Sdn Bhd, KTS Group of Companies and etc.